Do you have an incredible business that changes peoples’ lives? Now it’s time to start telling people what you do
Whether you’re looking to attract new clients, land a book deal or more speaking opportunities (or have another dream entirely), being featured in the Huffington Post, the Guardian, or Entrepreneur magazine – or landing a spot on Sky News or the BBC Breakfast sofa – is exactly what you need to take your business to the next level.
But securing high-profile media coverage like this takes time. And you’re so busy running your business, there just isn’t enough time for you to take on PR as well.
Let me handle your PR strategy, while you get on with the things you do best.
Here’s how my done-with-you PR service works:
- We’ll start with a 90 minute strategy session, looking at where and why you want media coverage (the why is so important).
- I’ll help you identify a shortlist of target publications and programmes that will help you get in front of the people you want to reach.
- I’ll research your target publications and programmes for you, gather the editorial contacts you need, set up meetings with relevant journalists and identify potential media angles
- I’ll help you draft your press releases and pitch emails so you know exactly what you need to say. And I’ll advise you how and when to follow up with journalists (down to what to say in your follow-up emails)
- I’ll also give you guidance on how to promote your press coverage via social media (and if applicable) to your email list for maximum impact
- I’ll also advise you on other media opportunities e.g podcast interviews and/or guest posts on large news sites like Entrepreneur and Forbes
- I’ll help you prepare for media interviews too
Basically you’ll have me in your back pocket for 12 weeks.
The only thing I won’t do for you is send your press releases and pitches to journalists. Why? Because I want to empower you, so a PR company is a nice-to-have rather than an essential part of your business.
You’ll have your own database of contacts (the editorial contacts I give you are yours to keep) and the know-how to pitch a story to a journalist. So if your budget gets tight, you won’t be reliant on having a PR company to get media coverage.
I also want you to build real relationships with the media. The most important thing I’ve learned in 15 years’ writing and editing for national newspapers is that journalists don’t like dealing with PR companies. No one will ever know love your business like you do, so it’s YOU they want to hear from.
I’ll keep in regular touch with you via phone and email. You’ll also get three extra consulting sessions, so if you decide you want to go it alone after our time together, you’ll have a strategy in place.
The done-with-you service is perfect for you if you:
- Have been in business for more than two years
- Are comfortable with the idea of being featured in the national press, including being photographed and appearing on radio and TV
- Don’t have time to handle your own PR, but would like to remain hands-on
What people say about working with me
Cost: £5000 plus VAT (payable in full on booking) or in three monthly instalments of £1800 plus VAT (the first payable on booking).