Kimanzi Constable used to be a bread delivery guy. Now he’s a writer who’s sold over 100,000 copies of his books and been published on hundreds of influential blogs and websites including the Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Good Men Project, Fox News, MindBodyGreen & many more.
In this episode, he shares his tips & advice on how you can use guest posting to grow your business or brand.
Here’s what’s covered in this episode:
- Kimanzi’s journey from ‘bread guy’ to writer (& how he lost 170 pounds, saved his marriage & moved his family to Hawaii along the way)
- How he pitched and placed 80 guest posts in influential blogs & websites – in his first year of writing (with no formal training)
- The article he wrote that helped sell 2,200 copies of his book
- Where Kimanzi gets his ideas from (his writing output is incredible)
- His insider tips for successful guest posting (including writing great bios, headlines & ‘cross-over’ articles)
Key resources and links
How to become a contributing writer on large media sites (Kimanzi’s interview on the Pat Flynn podcast)
Kimanzi’s new book Stop Chasing Influencers (out next month)
Articles we talk about in this episode
After 16 years with my wife, it still feels like the honeymoon period (another of Kimanzi’s viral posts)
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.
Want to get more press coverage in 2016? Click here to get my free video training: how to get your first article published in the national media