Most of us love the idea of getting coverage in magazines, newspapers and on radio & TV. But if you don’t have much experience of the media, it can feel like an impossible dream.
In today’s episode you’ll hear, first-hand, how one Copenhagen- based small business owner – Melanie Haynes – has got national media coverage for her business.
Here’s what I cover in this episode:
- How Melanie built a business out of being an expat in Copenhagen
- Melanie’s previous career in corporate PR – and her struggles with pitching journalists
- How Melanie managed colleagues who had unrealistic expectations about PR
- What Melanie has changed about the way she does PR – and how this has helped her get coverage in the Huffington Post, Guardian & Sunday Times
- How Melanie becomes a Huffington Post blogger (and what this has done for her business)
Key resources and links
How to bring Danish hygge into your home this winter (Huffington Post)
How being an expat in Copenhagen changed (The Local.dk)
Is the Scandi Love of Winter Swimming Crazy? (Huffington Post)
Nordic but Nice (Sunday Times)
Melanie’s blog Dejlige Days
Melanie on Twitter
Melanie on Instagram
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.