Press coverage has helped entrepreneur Natalie MacNeil turn her blog into a seven figure business. But getting big media outlets like Glamour, Inc, Mashable & Forbes to notice her didn’t happen magically; it required targeted research (lots of it!) and relationship building, over time. In this episode she shares her best PR tips & the biggest mistakes people make when they’re pitching into the media.
Here’s what’s covered in this episode:
- Natalie’s business story
- How Natalie turned her blog into a 7 figure business
- How media coverage has helped Natalie grow her business
- Why Natalie believes media coverage isn’t about you (clue: it’s about adding value)
- The biggest mistakes people make when they’re pitching to the media
- How having a great website & brand can help you get media coverage
Key resources and links
Entrepreneurship is the new women’s movement (Natalie’s viral post for Forbes)
This is why you’re not getting press by Natalie MacNeil
Pre-order Natalie’s Conquer Kit before 28 Dec 2015 to get a goodie bag of bonuses
Natalie’s website She takes on the World
How to pitch journalists like a pro (episode 10)
My Soulful PR group coaching programme (enrolling now for a January 2016 start. Enrolments close on Dec 30)
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.