Public speaking can be a great way to promote your brand, build influence and credibility. And you can’t get much more prestigious than a TED or TEDx talk.
Leadership coach Elizabeth McCourt recently did her first TEDx talk on why you should spill your secrets. In this episode, she shares how she made it happen - from how she navigated the application process to how she prepared for her talk.
Here’s what's covered in this episode:
- How Elizabeth moved from corporate recruitment to leadership coaching
- An introduction to the TED Movement and TEDx talks
- How Elizabeth secured her TEDx talk (including the application process)
- How being a member of Toastmasters has helped Elizabeth improve her public speaking skills
- How Elizabeth’s TEDx talk has impacted on her business
- The link between sporting and business performance and how Elizabeth uses this in her coaching
Key resources and links
Elizabeth on Twitter
Why you should spill your secrets (Elizabeth’s TEDx talks)
Soulful PR for One (my 1-2-1 PR coaching programme)
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.