Many online business owners dream of building multiple streams of income including membership sites, coaching and live events. Patricia Van Den Akker, has done just that with the Design Trust - an online business school for designers and makers.
In this episode, Patricia shares practical tips and strategies on building an online business, creating multiple streams of income and becoming a 'go to' person in your industry. She also talks about how she's managed to become a contributor for influential industry publications - and how that has impacted on her business.
Here’s what's covered in this episode:
- Patricia's business story (including being made redundant four times)
- How 'niching down' has helped Patricia build a successful social enterprise
- How Patricia has created multiple streams of income, including a membership site
- Patricia's outreach strategy for finding new clients
- How Patricia promotes her business via social and traditional media
Key resources and links
The Design Trust on Twitter
Make journalists fall in love with you (Episode 5 )
My next Soulful PR Group Coaching Course which starts in April 2016
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.