Ten years ago, youth coach Sarah Newton had her own TV show, book... and national journalists lining up to feature her in their publications and programmes. But the experience left her feeling inauthentic - as if she was an actor playing a character rather than being herself.
Sarah turned away from the media - and her work with young people - for several years. But she has recently made a comeback. And this time round, she's determined to take control of her own media persona. Her tenaciousness has paid off; over the past few months, she's secured coverage in the Guardian, Daily Mail, Huffington Post, Mail on Sunday and a host of regional publication and programmes.
In this episode, she shares her tips and strategies on using the media to reinvent your brand.
Here’s what's covered in this episode:
- Sarah's business story: from policewoman to youth coach to author & TV personality
- Why Sarah took a two year break from the media
- How Sarah has used the media to reinvent her personal brand and promote her new book
- Why Sarah decided to do her own PR rather than hiring a company/consultant
- Sarah's tips on getting national coverage - and staying positive when you're getting knockbacks(or being ignored) by journalists
Key resources and links
Sarah on Twitter
You can do your own PR with Melanie Haynes (Episode 11)
My next Soulful PR Group Coaching Course which starts in April 2016
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.