If you want to promote your business, being memorable on social media is a must. But how do you stand out in a increasingly crowded space?
Sue B Zimmerman - aka #TheInstagramExpert - is one of the world's leading thought leaders on social media. She developed the first comprehensive online Instagram course and now helps business owners - big and small - use social media to build their brand. She speaks and teaches all over the world, on popular courses like CreativeLive and prominent stages like Social Media Marketing World, and in this episode, she shares her tips on how to be memorable on social media.
Here’s what's covered in this episode:
- Sue's business story - starting with a million pound boxer short business at 22
- How telling stories on social media can help to build your brand identity and your audience
- Tips for using images & video to tell your story if you have a service-based business
- How to 'cross-pollinate' your social media activity so your audience will engage with you across different platforms
- How to get comfortable with being in the spotlight and sharing your personal life (or bits of it) in the media
- How to use social media to grow your email list and develop 'buzz' around your products and services
Key resources and links
Instagram's new algorithm and turning on promotions (a must-read from Sue B Zimmerman's blog)
Sue's Instagram Marketing Strategy guide
Why you need to build a memorable personal brand with Chris Ducker (episode 19)
New Media Europe 2016 (I'm speaking on how to get big media coverage on a small business budget)
My next Soulful PR Group Coaching Course which starts in April 2016
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.