Nathan Chan felt frustrated there were no business magazines he could relate to, so he did what any ballsy entrepreneur would do - he started his own.
Three years on, Foundr is a top-ranking 'Business & Investing' magazine in the App Store and has featured high profile entrepreneurs like Richard Brandon, Seth Godin and Arianna Huffington on the cover. The Foundr brand now also includes a podcast and online training platform.
Nathan credits his success to good old-fashioned hustle and having the confidence to 'just ask' for everything - from interviews to media coverage to mentions from influential businesses and brands.
Here’s what's covered in this episode:
- Nathan's incredible business story: from fixing peoples' IT problems to starting a best-selling digital magazine
- How Nathan persuaded people like Richard Branson, Seth Godin & Arianna Huffington to be on the cover of Foundr
- Nathan's tips on pitching hard-to-reach people, including writing killer email subject headers
- How Foundr has used social media platforms like Instagram to grow its audience
- Nathan's top hacks for finding peoples' email addresses
Key links and resources
New Media Europe 2016 (I'm speaking on how to get big media coverage on a small business budget)
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.