Hosting a podcast can be a great way to promote your business, helping you build authority and trust with prospective (and existing) clients. But for many of us, the idea of starting a podcast can be overwhelming.
In this episode, the podcasting host and expert Colin Gray gives easy-to-follow advice on how to get started.
Here’s what’s covered in this episode:
- Colin’s business story: how he fell in to podcasting…and turned it into a career
- How podcasting can help you grow your business
- The key questions you should ask yourself before you start a podcast
- Why creating a podcast series can be a better than launching a full-on show
- The essential kit you need to get started with podcasting
- How to promote your podcast and build your audience
Key links and resources
Colin on Twitter & Snapchat @thepodcasthost
Michael Hyatt’s This Is Your Life podcast
Colin’s round up of the best headset mics
Using Audacity to Create Amazing Podcasts & Audio Recordings (Colin’s free video series)
Audacity (free recording and editing software)
Julie Christie’s Tea Break Tog podcast
New Media Europe 2016 (Colin and I are both speaking)
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.