Health coaches Emma and Carla – aka the Merrymaker Sisters – have been featured in dozens of magazines and newspapers, and on radio and TV.
What’s their secret? They just ask.
In this episode, the Merrymaker Sisters share their tips and strategies for getting major media coverage for their business – without hiring a PR firm (or even writing press releases)
Here’s what’s covered in this episode:
- How being fed up with dieting led Emma and Carla to start a blog that turned into a full-time business
- Emma and Carla’s first pitch to a magazine – and how it landed them on the front cover
- A chance meeting with a journalist that led to a friendship – and media coverage in regional publications across Australia
- How photographs can sell a media story (and how Emma and Carla have used this to their advantage)
- Emma and Carla’s appearance on a reality TV show: how it came about and how they used the opportunity to promote their business
- How they landed a ten-page feature in a magazine – through building relationships on Instagram
- Dealing with fear: how you can use pitching fear to let you grow
Key links and resources
The Merrymaker Sisters website
Soulful PR Live (meet eight national journalists and find out what they’re looking for in a story)
New Media Europe 2016 June 18 and 19 (I’m speaking on how to get big media coverage on a small business budget)
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.