Joanna Penn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling thriller writer and non-fiction author who has sold over 450,000 books in 74 countries and 5 languages. She's also a speaker, podcaster and online course creator.
In this episode she shares her advice on how to get your book idea out of your head and onto the page, including invaluable tips on becoming an Indie author.
Here’s what's covered in this episode:
- How Joanna left her job in accounts to achieve her dream of being a full-time writer
- The essential tools and resources Joanna uses to publish her work as an Indie author
- How using dictation software has helped Joanna write non-fiction more quickly
- Joanna's Facebook marketing tips, including how to select images and write great copy
- How Joanna avoids overwhelm in her business
- What freedom means to Joanna and that impacts on her writing business
The Creative Penn podcast
Joanna on the Inspirational Creatives podcast
Self-Publishing Success - Joanna's online course
Createspace (Amazon's print-on-demand company)
Nick Stephenson's Reader Magnets course
Soulful PR Live (meet eight national journalists and find out what they're looking for in a story)
New Media Europe 2016 June 18 and 19 (I'm speaking on how to get big media coverage on a small business budget)
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.