Katya Varbanova – aka Livestream Katya – quit a career in banking to focus on her business as a livestream strategist just a few months after broadcasting on Periscope for the first time.
In this episode she explains the different ways live streaming on Periscope and Facebook Live can help you make money in your business – even if, like me, you’re initially reluctant to embrace video.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Katya’s story: from a career in banking to livestreaming
- Using Periscope and Facebook Live to find out what your customers want
- The different ways you can monetise livestreaming
- Katya’s advice on dealing with trolls and mean comments
- How Periscope can be used to grow your Facebook group and email list
- The kit you’ll need to get started – and what to consider buying as your following grows
- How Katya has secured sponsorship for her broadcasts
Katya on Twitter
Katya on YouTube
Katya on Facebook
Podcast episode How to use Periscope in your PR – with Alex Pettitt (episode 13)
Podcast episode How to use video to promote your brand – with Amy Schmittauer (episode 37)
Busker live stream app
The LuMee cellphone case
Shut Up And Write my pop-up masterclass with Stella Orange (Nov 7)
My Soulful PR group coaching programme (next intake starts in March 2017)
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.