Do you ever have those days when you’re all out of ideas for social media posts?
Or maybe you’re just tired of posting the same old stuff and looking for some fresh ideas to brighten up your social media feeds.
If this sounds familiar, you'll love this podcast episode. In it I share 13 ideas for engaging social media posts. This list of go-to posts will you keep you going...even when you’re feeling at your most uninspired. And you can use them across all social media platforms including Facebook (pages and groups), Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & more.
Click on the player above to listen to the podcast episode and/or read on for a detailed overview. Scroll down to the bottom to read the show notes including all the links mentioned in this episode}
1. Opinions please
Got a new product/service to launch? Ask your followers to help you decide on the name/title, which logo design you should use and/or which colour you should stock it in.
2. How I made this
Shoot a time-lapse video of you that shows us how your product is made. N.B. If you have a service-based business, record your video with Loom and show us how you put together a talk/learning resource.
Give us the reality behind something you’re working on e.g. you sitting up late proofing the workbook for your live event, stuffing goody bags in the corridor or fulfilling last minute orders for Christmas.
4. Tips and tactics
Share a tip e.g. how to add captions to videos, hit the top note in a power ballad or stop your bread shrinking after baking. If you have a product-based business, share a tip about using a product like yours e.g. how to arrange art, how to store handbags in a small space or the best way to cleanse your face.
5. Questions, questions
Ask a question that’s bugging you in your business. Wondering whether to include postage in your prices, provide lunch at your next event or start stocking a new product. Ask your followers what they think.
6. Show us your workspace
Shoot a quick video of where you work. For more engagement, ask your followers a question about it e.g. should you move the desk under the window or paint the walls in your brand colour.
Share an opinion you know will divide people e.g. why you hate social media videos, motivational memes and/or being called ‘hun’ or ‘lovely’.
Show us how you ‘play’. Share a snap or video of you running, playing the piano, baking cakes…or whatever you like to do to relax.
9. Show awareness
Use an awareness day/key date. Show your followers how you cook pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, cuddle your cat on International Cat Day and doing nothing on National Do Nothing Day. For more ideas on awareness days, check out my Media Diary.
10. What should I wear?
Post a pic of yourself wearing an outfit for an upcoming event and get us to give our opinion. Even better, give your followers a choice of style/colour/look to choose from.
11. Can you guess what it is?
Share a tool/resource you use in your work and get us to guess what you use it for
12. Oops I did it again
Share the outtakes from your latest social media video or podcast recording. Or share the pictures that didn’t make it to your feed (e.g. the cat walking across your Instagram flatlay).
13. Pets and children
People love cute pics/video of pets and children... so share away. N.B. If you’re nervous about sharing pics of your children, there’s plenty of creative ways to include them...without having their faces on camera.
Want more? Head over and download the full 23 ideas here.
If you are struggling to get engagement on social media then you can buy my social media engagement playbook here.
- Who should listen to this podcast? (2:13)
- How to create a buzz around your new product or service by asking for opinions (2:38)
- Creating content from showing people how you make something in your business (4:11)
- How showing behind the scenes of your business can engage your audience (8:18)
- Create content from sharing a practical tip that will help your audience (11:31)
- How sharing business dilemmas with your audience can generate content (13:51)
- How to create a behind-the-scenes tour of your workspace (19:28)
- How a grenade post dividing opinion can give you tons of engagement (21:41)
- How to make people remember you by creating content about what you do when you are not running your business (29:00)
- How to take an awareness day and create content around it (30:24)
- Can’t make a decision? - ask your audience to vote (32:09)
- Interesting tools or kit for your business? Ask people to guess what it is (33:50)
- Bloopers! Save the outtakes on your videos/audio and share with your audience (35:14)
- Share cute animal photos - it doesn’t have to be serious or corporate all the time (36:50)
How to write social media posts that sell (online masterclass)
 How to Build an audience and why you need to (podcast)
 How to create a content plan for your business (podcast)
 Three social media posts that will help you generate sales (podcast)
 What’s working on Facebook right now with Liz Melville (podcast)
 How to write social media posts that sell (podcast)
 How to create and launch your own planner for your industry (podcast)
 How to build your audience through Twitter (and create FOMO) (podcast)