Speaking at live events can help you build your credibility, make connections and attract new business. But how do you get started?
In this episode, speaker and entrepreneur Grant Baldwin shares practical tips on finding speaking opportunities, getting hired to speak and negotiating fees (plus a whole lot more).
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to decide what to speak about and who to (and why this matters)
- Tips on connecting with event organisers and craft a compelling ‘pitch’ email
- Why it’s important to build relationships with other speakers
- How to set and negotiate fees (plus when it’s ok to work for free)
- Practical guidance on finding corporate speaking gigs
- How a demo video and good quality pictures of you speaking can help you get booked as a speaker
Podcast: They ask you answer: content marketing made easy with Marcus Sheridan (episode 127)
Podcast: Growing your business through live events with Chris Ducker (episode 159)