If you’re not a ‘techie’ sort, you may find the term search engine optimisation (SEO) a bit intimidating. But if you want prospective customers to find you online, it’s something you can’t afford to ignore.
In this episode, digital expert Martin Huntbach demystifies the topic and shares what small business owners need to know about SEO.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- What SEO is and why it matters for your business
- Simple explanations of SEO terms including title tags, alt tags and meta data – and what they mean for your content
- The most common mistakes made by small business owners with SEO
- Tips on making the most of keyword research tools when planning your content – and when to forget about it
- Ways to make sure that Google recognises you as the best resource in your field (and why this matters)
- Why Martin thinks the user experience of your website is incredibly important
- Why you should avoid duplicate content
Blog post How to find journalists’ contact details
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.