Hosting a competition can be a great way to generate press coverage for your business and to raise brand awareness with prospective customers.
In this episode, Kate McQuillan explains how she created an annual pet competition that has become incredibly popular and helped to boost her business.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Kate McQuillan’s business story – and how she has used a competition to grow her pet sitting business
- How Kate came up with the idea of the Nose of Tralee competition and the reasons behind it
- Examples of how the competition helps generate press coverage for Kate’s business
- Practical tips on promoting the competition to attract entries
- Examples of how Kate helps finalists in the competition to get their own media coverage
- How Kate works with partners and sponsors for the Nose of Tralee competition
- The costs involved with creating and promoting the competition
- Advice on how to get started if you have an idea for a competition
Podcast How to quadruple your income through blogging with Kate McQuillan (episode 119)
Podcast They ask, you answer: content marketing made easy with Marcus Sheridan (episode 127)
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.