If you want to raise the profile of your business online, you cannot ignore the power of YouTube.
In this episode, I talk to Jess Freeman who helps entrepreneurs get more visibility using video.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Jess Freeman’s business story – how she helps businesses stand out using video
- The first steps Jess recommends when setting up a YouTube channel (3:15)
- How to make use of playlists (6:08)
- How YouTube works as a search engine (and how to optimise your videos for both YouTube and Google) (8:25)
- Tips on using Google Keyword Planner for your video SEO to get more traffic (9:35)
- The difference between titles, tags and descriptions on YouTube (11:40)
- How video content can work alongside your other blog and audio content (15:38)
- Advice on using calls to action on your YouTube content (16:42)
- How to use YouTube ‘cards’ to link to other content within your channel (20:35)
- Jess’s thoughts on how much video content you need when you’re first starting a YouTube channel (22:50)
- How to get more eyes on your content and grow your audience (25:10)
- The importance of engagement on your YouTube videos – as well as subscriber numbers (27:30)
- How to ‘reoptimise’ older video content you have already posted (28:25)
- Why you should consider adding video to old blog posts (30:46)
- The optimum length for your YouTube videos (31:25)
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.