There's no getting away from it: pitching to the media is sales. And getting people to buy ideas - rather than products or services - can be challenging. You probably feel uncomfortable just thinking about it.
In this episode, sales trainer Matthew Kimberley gives practical, actionable advice that will help you ditch the sweaty palms and have successful sales conversations.
Here’s what's covered in this episode:
- Why people feel awkward about selling
- How to improve your 'yes' rate with editors
- Building relationships with journalists (particularly when you can't get a face-to-face meeting)
- Why polarity not popularity helps you get media coverage
- Matthew's tips for delivering great email & phone pitches
- How you can use your media pitching skills to get more clients and grow your revenue
Key links and resources
New Media Europe 2016 (I'm speaking on how to get big media coverage on a small business budget)
My FREE Soulful PR Facebook Community
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on itunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.