Getting a regular column in a newspaper or magazine can be a really good way to help grow your business.
In this episode, I share my advice on how to land a regular column and why it’s a good PR move.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How most editors choose writers for their columns (1:50)
- Why it all starts with building relationships with editors (2:45)
- The importance of researching your target publication (3:03)
- How to get to know an editor by pitching an opinion piece (4:01)
- Why you need to start small – before building up to a bigger dream (4:28)
- Whether you’ll get paid for your column (7:17)
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.