Securing a TEDx talk can really help to raise the profile of your business - and create new opportunities for growth.
In this episode, Helen Packham shares her experience of landing - and delivering - her first TEDx talk.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Helen Packham’s business experience and how she turned a career in leadership development to running her own business coaching entrepreneurs (1:50)
- How Helen helps entrepreneurs grow their brands through public speaking (3:15)
- Helen’s thoughts on how delivering a TEDx talk helped her get back her confidence (6:02)
- Exactly what a TEDx talk is (8:00)
- Why a TEDx talk is a good idea to grow your business (9:20)
- The skills you’ll pick up from giving a TEDx talk and how you can use them in your business (9:40)
- Why doing a TEDx talk creates other opportunities (11:05)
- How Helen has created her own speaking course as a result of doing a TEDx talk (11:31)
- Tips on picking a subject for your TEDx talk - and something you are passionate about is the place to start (16:39)
- Helen’s views on the three types of talk - the hero, the adventurer and the alchemist - and how to choose the right one for you (22:50)
- How to make sure your proposed talk fits in with a TEDx theme (24:38)
- The typical process when applying for a TEDx talk (24:52)
- Helen’s advice on how to pitch a TEDx talk (27:29)
- Helen’s experience of being a Soulful PR Studio member (31:00)
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.