If you want to get coverage in newspapers, magazines and on radio and TV, it’s a good idea to know how to put together a compelling press release.
In this episode, I share my tips on the key ingredients of a press release, including how to write one and who you should be sending it to.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- When you should send a press release (2:56)
- Key pointers on how to put a great press release together (4:14)
- How to craft a great opening line for your press release (5:35)
- How to make use of quotations in your press release (7:28)
- What to put in the ‘notes to editor’ section (8:34)
- Whether you should include photos (8:43)
- Who you should send the press release to – and why you should avoid generic addresses (9:05)
- What to do if you don’t get a response (9:35)
What to do next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons at the top of this page.
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. I read every one personally and may even read yours out on the show.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.