Speaking at live events can be a great way to attract clients and customers. But how do you get booked as a speaker - particularly when you’re just starting out? What kind of experience are event organisers looking for? And what the best ways to get noticed?
In this episode I share how I chose the speakers for my upcoming event, Content Live 2018, so you can understand more about how event organisers think and the best ways to get noticed. I also share my best tips and tactics for getting booked to speak.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why public speaking can be good for your business (1:30)
- A quick overview of Content Live 2018 (2:55)
- How I chose the speakers for my live event (5:50)
- What I look for when booking speakers for my live events (25:20)
- How to get noticed (and booked) by an event organiser (28:16)
Episode 187: How to create shareable content with Dan Knowlton
Amanda Webb’s Website
Episode 257: Do you need to pay to play?
Episode 225: How to land your first TedX talk with Helen Packham