If you’re doing business in the EU - or with anyone living there - you need to be aware of new data protection regulations (known as GDPR) that come into force in May.
In this episode, legal expert Suzanne Dibble, explains what you need to know about GDPR and how it could affect your business.
Here’s what you’ll learn this episode:
- What is GDPR and what does it mean for your business (4:00)
- What is meant by the term ‘data’ (8:48)
- Do you need to ask your current email list subscribers to opt-in again?(10:30)
- How GDPR will affect your opt-ins or lead magnets going forward (14:12)
- Tips on how to ‘re-engage’ your email list so they choose to stay on your list(15:16)
- Why losing people who aren’t engaging with your emails isn’t necessarily a bad thing (18:15)
- How to attract new people onto your list (in a way that is GDPR compliant) (19:02)
- Insurance covers and whether they’re effective in relation to GDPR (22:56)
- The specific policies you need to have in place to demonstrate you’re compliant (23:49)
Suzanne Dibble’s Free GDPR Checklist
Suzanne Dibble’s GDPR Compliance Pack
Free Facebook Group - GDPR for Online Entrepreneurs